Sunday, September 28, 2014

3am


“Mom, i'll be fine by my self for the weekend. You guys go on your vacation, I'll call grandma and have her stay with me! Don't worry about it!”

“Nikki... I don't know if that a good idea...”

“Trust me mom, everything will be fine!!”

I can't believe my mom actually fell for that. What an idiot. As soon as my family pulled out of the driveway, I called Julia. She rushed over and burst through the door. “LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!”

“My mom is literally an idiot! She actually thought I was going to stay with my grandma!”

We ran out the door and down the street to 'the field'. Julia and I had been planning this for weeks! I was so excited! We met Nate and Dan at 'the field' and then started walking to Dan's house. I've always really liked Dan, so the fact that he actually wanted to hang out with me made me really happy.

We walked into Dan's empty house and into his living room. He went into the kitchen with Nate and came back with food and drinks. Then we went outside to wait for Kevin to come. I couldn't have been a more awkward person. Nobody was talking. We just sat there quietly. I hope he doesn't hate me. Nate, Dan, Kevin, Julia and I walked back into the house and down the stairs into a random room where Dan got out a metal box. From there we walked into his back yard and into a small camper. I knew what was in the box, I think everyone knew except Julia. She's so dumb.

Dan carefully opened his metal box and took out a lighter, weed and a bowl. He set everything up and started passing it around. Julia is such a good kid, I felt bad, she doesn't do things like this. I passed on my turn because I didn't want to make Julia uncomfortable. She wouldn't know what shes doing anyway, I swear I have the dumbest friends. Shortly after, we left and walked back to my house. We ordered a pizza and watched a movie. At this point it was almost 11:00 and my grandma decided to show up at my house. Why does she always have to ruin things? So my idiot grandmother walks in and yelled at everyone to leave. Julia and I walked them outside to goodbye. Little did I know, this night wasn't even close to ending.

About an hour later, after Julia and I had taken our makeup off, Dan called. He wanted to know if we wanted to hang out with them again. Like idiots, we agreed, put sweatshirts and makeup on and jumped out the window. Nobody saw, perfect. My grandma was down stairs asleep. I admit, I was a little worried but I wasn't really thinking about it much. I did this all the time, nothing would happen. We all walked down the street. We didn't know where we were going but nobody really cared. We walked silently down the street to a beach. The lake looked so beautiful at night. We hung out there for a few hours. Nate with Julia, Dan and I, and Kevin off by his self. Dan and I were watching Julia and Nate. He kept trying to kiss her, and she liked him. She kept pulling away from him. I wanted to go up to her and slap her. She's so stupid. We walked back, into my backyard. Dan and I went into my tree for while everyone else sat around a table, not talking. By this point it was about 2:30. I'd never been out that late before. I was starting to worry.

I think Dan could tell I was upset. He could also see me shivering, so he handed me his sweatshirt. He's such a gentleman. So there we were sitting in my tree fort talking. Everything went silent for a minute. It didn't last very long. Nate yelled up to Dan, “Are you guys kissing yet??” Did that mean he liked me? Was he going to kiss me? Quickly I changed the subject. I started talking about how tired I was. “I apologize in advance if I fall asleep.” Dan put his arm around me and pulled me closer. I could have stayed there all night. I looked up at him. He looked so cute. That's when he leaned in to kiss me. A million butterflies flew around in my stomach.

“Dude are you guys kissing yet??” Nate's timing couldn't have been worse. Halfway through the kiss I started laughing and pulled away. I hope he wasn't mad. I yelled at Nate to shut up and he was quiet. Dan and I sat there for hours. I looked at him again, I was half asleep but he didn't seem to care. He looked down and kissed me again. In that moment I forgot how to breathe. His lips touched mine gently. It was beautiful. The kiss lasted about ten minutes. Ten minutes of perfection. I couldn't have asked for a better night. We walked down the tree fort ladder and me and Julia silently climbed back in through the window and slithered up to my room, trying not to wake my grandma. We hopped into bed and fell asleep with beautiful thoughts in our head. I couldn't wait to wake up the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment